INDOOR AIR QUALITY
PENTA PROVIDES INDOOR AIR QUALITY (IAQ) CONSULTING SERVICES FOR INSTITUTIONAL, HEALTH CARE, AND GENERAL OFFICE FACILITIES.
Our IAQ services include the following:
PROACTIVE BASELINE SURVEY
PENTA can identify existing conditions within a subject facility that could potentially contribute to IAQ complaints. Our survey methods include the following:
- Observations of contaminant sources including furnishings, occupant activities, and janitorial practices.
- Review of HVAC system design, operation, and maintenance procedures including limited airflow measurements and observations.
- Direct reading IAQ measurements for carbon dioxide, carbon monoxide, temperature, and relative humidity.
COMPLAINT RESPONSE SURVEY
PENTA can evaluate complaints of occupant irritation, discomfort, or health concerns and identify conditions in or adjacent to the survey building or HVAC system that may be contributing to the reported complaints. In addition to the services outlined above, PENTA may also:
- Characterize the nature and distribution of reported IAQ complaints.
- Perform complaint-specific air and bulk sampling for contaminants including volatile organic compounds, bacteria, mold, and others.
- Conduct an in-depth assessment of the HVAC system performance parameters including thermostat, variable-air-volume termination operations, airflow measurements, and sequencing of controls.
POLICY AND PROCEDURES PROGRAM DEVELOPMENT AND TRAINING
PENTA can develop procedures to control potential IAQ concerns including construction/ renovation procedures to control contaminant migration from construction/renovation areas and odor migration during HVAC maintenance and janitorial procedures.
When building related issues are documented during IAQ Surveys, PENTA is ideally suited to design and implement repairs to mitigate IAQ concerns. PENTA also performs rehabilitation services associated with air handling units, including cleaning, re-insulation and rehabilitation of condensate pans.